If you need to get in touch with us in an emergency, please call our hotline +8616600047874
In case of the death of a Maldivian we can assist with:
– Contacting the next of kin of the deceased
– Obtaining police report and death certificate
– Arranging burial or repatriation (Embassy cannot bear the expenses related to such arrangement)
Please let us know if you need any other assistance. We will do the best we can to assist you.
Detention / arrest
The Embassy can provide the following services to Maldivians detained or arrested in China:
– Inform the next of kin/family members regarding the arrest
– Provide information to the detained person regarding the judicial process in China
– Assist with seeking legal assistance (The Embassy cannot bear the legal fees)
– Make regular visits to check on the well-being of detainees
– Assist in communication between the detainee and family members
– Assist with transferring money to the jailed person
Please report the detention or arrest of Maldivians in Thailand by calling the Embassy’s hotline: 0990704405.