As part of the precautionary measures taken by the Government of Maldives in response to the outbreak of COVID-19, all passengers and crew with travel history to the following countries or regions within the last 14 days have not been allowed to enter or transit through the Maldives effective from the stated dates;
- Mainland China, effective 4 February 2020
- Iran, effective 26 February 2020
- Republic of Korea (Daegu, Busan, Gyeonbuk and Gyeongnam), effective 3 March 2020
- Italy, effective 8 March 2020
- Bangladesh, effective from 10 – 24 March 2020
The Government of Maldives would like to reiterate that Maldivian nationals, and foreign nationals married to Maldivians, travelling from the aforementioned affected areas will be allowed to enter the country, but will be subject to 14 days in quarantine, upon arrival in the Maldives.